- One cup oats (old fashioned, 1-minute, or instant), plus more if needed (see Instructions).
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (use can use organic or other)
*BEWARE do not use nut butter or anything that contain Xylitol or “other” artificial sweeteners. They can be FATAL to your pet!!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the oats to a food processor and grind until they reach a fine powder. Add in the pumpkin and peanut butter and blend until a sticky dough is formed.
- Remove from processor and roll out on a lightly floured surface (I grind excess oats or use brown rice flour as my dogs are sensitive to wheat). If your dogs are not sensitive you can use whatever flour you have on hand. Cut out cookies using a small cookie cutter of any shape, or alternately cut into squares with a knife.
- Lay the treats on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the treats are dry and hard. Let cool before giving to your pup.
- Store in airtight containers for up to one week.
You can make a larger batch and freeze your treats.